Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Personal Thoughts via Gifs



To be honest I love to read about other peoples lives. Whether this is something my curious self just enjoys, I figured I would share some things about myself. I've been thinking for quite some time of how to do this in a more unconventional way than your typical list and then the lovely Shannon made a post that I absolutely adored. Essentially it was your typical fact post but in the form of gifs which to me made it so much better and more creative than the norm (:

Without further ado, here is me casually taking Shannon's idea (love you girl!) and applying personal facts about my life with gifs (:

#1: 

This is me whenever I have spare time. Let's be honest, I can spend so much time on the internet (really not doing much) and yet the hours tick by. My laptop is something that is very much a part of me.

#2: 

Sometimes I feel confident in my body and appearance. When I do I tend to go all out and wear clothing that some may consider "revealing" or clothes that "show off" a bit. So fucking what? It is not because I desire boys attention (which really is a personal choice one consciously makes, so would there be anything wrong with that? Furthermore why should it bother anybody else?) but rather I feel okay with myself and how I look. Also omg I find sex enjoyable, so obviously that is not okay cause wow- girls finding consensual sex pleasurable!? crazy. 

#3: 

Honestly I know I am something. Lol, but what exactly? Cue my casual normal existential crisis, usually just brimming beneath the surface. I currently am enrolled in a pre-law program of sorts (it's officially called Law & Society, a four year bachelor program) and plan on going to law school after. But like??? Even with that plan I'm still so unsure of everything. Would I even be cut out to be a lawyer? Would I even like it? Or what about the people in my life right now? If recent events have proven anything, people can be temporary. The uncertainty of the future and my place in this world is something that weighs on me all of the time. And I know I'm just 19 and shouldn't worry so much but ahhh I just do. 

#4: 

I absolutely adore the movie Mean Girls so I just had to slip in a gif from that movie in this post. It's pretty accurate to my life though, whenever things get tough? I go for the most carb loaded food item available. I wouldn't mind some cheese fries right now. I just love food, alright? I figure I can eat whatever and whenever in usually large amounts and like work out once in a blue moon.

#5: 

This scene from Gossip Girl is so iconic to me. It also happens to be quite relevant to my life, with my shopping addiction becoming more and more relevant it seems. Tbh the concept of self-control isn't one that bodes well with me when faced with an irresistible pair of heels. Ooops.




#6: 

I love all movies, but I do have a soft spot for those over the top ones rom-coms that just happen to be unrealistic. See, I can even acknowledge the fact that these movies are just that-movies and nothing more. I know the things I watch will not happen to me. But I will not lie, a small part of me still is wanting to have that grand romantic gesture (or at least something resembling romance tbh) or crazy long proclamation of love occur in my life. I guess you could say  these Disney movies and rom-coms and even books tbh have brought out my inner romantic all while at the same time crushing it with my inner cynic. Eeep.

#7: 

This is shockingly a new one for me. Previously in my life I would have considered myself to be fairly cool & collective, in the sense that if I felt any sort of emotion I'd either distance myself or keep it locked up. I could play the "it doesn't exist if you don't think about it" denial card better than anybody else. Recently though I've left that completely at the curb and god guys- I can be a total emotional mess. More often than not that has been the case in my life. I've accepted it and I find it totally normal- IT IS OKAY TO CRY AND HAVE FEELINGS EVERYONE.

#8:

Haha, this one is a little sad but true. Honestly I've grown up with technology and it has become such a part of my life that when I don't have my phone it just doesn't feel right. It's just so useful, whether just to text a friend to hang out or rant when you're going through a mini crisis. I also love to take selfies with my friends. I admit to that addiction fully, as well as spending a little more than average on social media and youtube. Another thing I've found is how my the only natural way to get out of an awkward conversation on the train 

#9: 

Come on, sometimes you just gotta blast Taylor Swift and sing (or in my case more like devil scream) along completely off-key. It can be therapeutic in a slightly weird way.

#10: 


Eeeee. I need to work on this. When I don't like somebody, it tends to stick. I hold grudges. Sometimes I have good reason to and other times I really don't. It can rather surface level or just because a friend/somebody close to be got hurt or doesn't like them. This is a flaw I need to really work on.

-----------

And that is all folks! Lol I hope you guys enjoyed these truly random (and surprisingly long) insights into my personality. 

 



10 comments :

  1. I'm guilty of number 10 too. Thankfully there aren't a lot of people I don't like but when I don't like somebody... I don't like him/her for a long time. :D
    Also, I don't think there's something bad with wearing clothes that are a little bit revealing. I mean, I sometimes feel bad when I'm wearing short skirt, even though everything important is covered. It's just this society and people who are so judgmental and can call a girl slut just because she has short dress. Not to mention guys, who practically blame us when they stare at us in the summer. Anyway it was nice to get to know you a little bit and gifs are the best way to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha right! Least we can admit to it though??? That has to count for something lol.

      And yes I think it's totally fine to wear whatever you want. A miniskirt? Sure. A floor length skirt? Go right ahead. Ugh I hate that some people feel so discouraged to wear some types of clothing just because of society :s It sucks that they feel that way because people can be so judgmental.

      Glad you enjoyed this <33

      Delete
  2. GAH I commented a thing and it was eaten. NOM NOM. So sad. I was going to say that I loved this, and it was so fun getting to know your lovely self! And that I feel you on a LOT of these- but you must teach me your ways in regards to confidence!

    And now I will just say that I am mad that my longer, superior comment was eaten by blog trolls. GR. Love youuuu! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33
      AWWWWWW omg. I've been there before girl, it's so frustrating when you've put so much time into a comment and it just goes away :(

      Thank you for all of the kind words! And haha confidence? Tbh I definitely have the days where I just wanna hide in sweatpants but other times I'm like??? Who cares what anybody else thinks- I love this dress and I'm gonna wear the shit out of it.

      LOVE AND MISS YOU

      Delete
  3. I love this post. I gotta say that I disagree with number 10. I dislike people and there is usually a great reason for this...life is too short for things I don't like. It usually takes me a lot to dislike someone though, so it won't be right away. I love and agree with everything else here. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is a great perspective that I can definitely see working for me. And I agree that there has to be quite a build up in order for me not to like somebody. Thank you so much Karen <33

      Delete
  4. I need to steal this idea from Shannon as well. I love getting to know people, and I LOVE YOU so that's two birds with one stone, right?

    Hahaha I can't leave the house without my phone anymore either! And as much as I want everything to be perfect like in the movies, I just know that's not going to happen. AND MY FEELINGS. I also used to be super super chill, but now I just get emotional over everything, and I don't even know why.

    YES TO SEX. You go girl.

    I hope I never get on your bad side because I don't want you to have a grudge on me ahahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33 PLEASE DO VAL CAUSE I MISS YOU AND ALWAYS WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER.

      And omg girl recently my phone broke and I had to go a full night without it, it was such a struggle you don't even know. I'm so emotional all of the time it's not even funny. I swear I must constantly have something stressing me out or making me sad :(

      GO SEX. Hahaha.

      Never Val <33

      Delete
  5. I heart you so much right now for your number 2!

    ReplyDelete